On this subject of RAM incompatibility...

I have a stick of RAM that someone gave me to boost me up past 64mb. When I
first installed it it would do ok, but then it would get where sometimes it
would show on boot up and others it wouldn't then (in evil windows since i
haven't put it back after installing LM) my computer started popping up more
errors and illegals than it ever had before. When I pulled the RAM it went
back to normal (for windows). Is there a way for me to find out if the 2
sticks are just incompatible or if the 1 stick is just borked up?