I am trying to install the glibc-devel rpm. However when I try and
install it the following results:

[root@localhost /root]# rpm -i
/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS/glibc-devel-2.1.3-16mdk.i586.rpm
unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic
[root@localhost /root]#

Also inspection of the install.log file shows the above error message
present as well.
I have checked the RPM file inquestion, and here are the results:

[root@localhost RPMS]# rpm -i --test glibc-devel-2.1.3-16mdk.i586.rpm
[root@localhost RPMS]# rpm -K glibc-devel-2.1.3-16mdk.i586.rpm
glibc-devel-2.1.3-16mdk.i586.rpm: MD5 GPG NOT OK
[root@localhost RPMS]# rpm --checksig glibc-devel-2.1.3-16mdk.i586.rpm
glibc-devel-2.1.3-16mdk.i586.rpm: MD5 GPG NOT OK
[root@localhost RPMS]#

Does this mean that the RPM is corrupt?
And I guess if that is the case I will need to get the entire RPM again?
Finally is it possible to acquire RPMs that have been compressed? (ie tar.Z)

wade