On Sunday 04 March 2001 03:58 am, Andris Maziks wrote:
> Hi, all
> After upgrading kernel to 2.4.2 on LM7.2 I got the following problem:
> Dialup doesn't work anymore
> Modem dials number without any problems, but after connection is
> established pppd daemon dieds saying that kernel doesn't support ppp or
> cann't load module, but I know for 100% that ppp support I include in
> kernel as module. btw, with LM8 I got same problem.
> What's going wrong?
> Any help would be very appreciate

   Make sure you have   ppp-2.4.0-?mdk  installed.  Then you either need to
compile the kerenel again, this time building the ppp options in, or you'll
need to:
 modprobe -v ppp_generic
 modprobe -v ppp_async
 modprobe -v ppp_deflate

   in order to use ppp
--
Dale Earnhardt,  the greatest stock car driver ever,
 he's won his 8th and  His Greatest Championship