> Paul Rodríguez wrote:
>
> Hi, I'm in the process of trying to secure my system.  I have
> pmfirewall set up and working well, but there are a lot of holes
> still.  One of the things that I am trying to do is minimize
> unnecessary startup services, both for speed and security.  I've shut
> a bunch down, mostly servers that I'm not running, but there are a few
> that I'm not sure about.
>
> Namely:
>
> xfs
> rawdevices
> network
> irda
> fetchmail
> Do I need these to run a home workstation, (connected to the internet,
> but not wanting to run any servers or anything like that at this
> time)?
>
> -Paul R

i am also trying to figure out which i need for a workstation.  I you
get an answer please forward to my also.  Thanks..  I will do the
same...  Jeremy
begin:vcard
n:Hughes;Jeremy
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
note;quoted-printable:Be sure to visit funknpunk.com for=0D=0Aupdates on spiritual teachings and =0D=0Afor the latest mixes by Jeremy.
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Jeremy Hughes
end:vcard