Hi there,

vmware makes use of prebuilt modules that suit most kernel versions, but when you
recompile a new kernel, the modules that vmware uses may not match the kernel. To
update the vmware modules (not real clear as its been some time since I've done this)
you need to re-install vmware and let it build custom modules based on your new
kernel. More info on how this works should be found on the vmware website.

Cheers
Dave

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/14 4:32 am >>>
Hi Folks !!!

I have some problems with VMware and a new kernel-2.4.2.
I install VMware under kernel-2.3.17 and it's OK, but when I update it to 2.4.2
VMware stop run.

So, I restart the old kernel and everything alright.
To compile the kernel-2.4.2 I use the packages:
kernel-doc-2.4.2-4mdk;
kernel-headers-2.4.2-4mdk;
kernel-source-2.4.2-5mdk;
modutils-2.4.2-2mdk;

The error message says " the kernel-modules are missing...  " (something like this !!!)

what I can do ???

Lúcio Costa.

WARNING: This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
confidential/privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this messages are those of the
individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the NSW Department of Land and
Water Conservation. You should scan any attached files for viruses.