I am have problem installing LM 7.2 on my Laptop.

System Info:

Sony Vaio PCG-F160
300 MHz P2
64 MB Ram
4 GB Fujitsu HD

During installation it will do one of the following three things:

1)  Hangs-up* on installing gpm

2)  Hangs-up* on installing grep

3)  Prompts user with: error installing pkgs gpm, grep, perl-base -> so, I
click "Go On".  Then Prompts user with: error installing pkgs gtk+, rpm ,
slang, util-linx, SysVinit -> again I click "Go On".  Finally, it hangs-up*
on installing grub

* - what I mean by "hangs-up" is that the machine will do nothing other than
turn the cooling fan on and off, for more than 30 min when I reboot. This
means no HD operation, no CD-ROM movement, and no screen change.

All power managements is turned off in the BIOS.  These LM 7.2 CD's were
created some time in early January (I think).

It doesn't matter what type of installation I choose, one of the above three
things will occur.

Any help will greatly be appreciated,

-jason