Hello,
        I have LM7.2 installed. Everything is fine but:

I am unable to login/ftp into my linux box from outside(other linux and
windows systems).
I am able to login/ftp into other machines from this machine....

where did I screw up during installation...can anybody help....???
I checked inetd.conf..which have both telnet and ftp uncommented..

where should I check for ...
I checked archives(newbie, expert)..but no solution....
may be this is very trivial...but hope somebody helps ..!!!!
thankyou for the help..

One more question:

        All user accounts are getting KDE_login sound on logging into
their respective accounts..except for me...
what would be the problem....
I feel this to be very strange...?

thankyou for the help...

Happy Day,
Prasad, B.V.L.S.,
Research Scholar.
   AIM OF SCIENTIFIC ADVENTURE :          NATURE CRYSTALLOGRAPHY
|Thought|   | Fourier|   |      |   |Different|   | Fourier |   |Structure|
| waves |-->|Analysis|-->|NATURE|-->|Forms of |-->|Synthesis|-->|   of    |
|       |   |        |   |      |   |Knowledge|   |         |   | NATURE  |

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         PROTEIN CRYSTALLOGRAPHY           ...Shiva