Hio there,
I had a similar problem installing photopaint for mdk 7.1 on the
7.2 version.
Being in desperate need of the machine I reinstalled straightaway.
What actually went wrong still puzzles me (just short of keeping
me awake at night ;o)). So if you've got any more titbits as to
what you actually did to solve the problem .... I'd be delighted.

My first thought was that it had something to do with my 4
desktops being rolled into 1 - but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm
fairly sure it's a KDE and not a gnome problem though.

--
Semper avanti,                            sailing on Linux,
Harm Bathoorn                             Free evermore.