FYI,
I've been using the 8.0beta2 for a few days now. I had to go to 8.0 because
the 7.2 installer freezes on my machine (no idea why).  8.0 is great!
Anti-aliased fonts, latest kde and gnome, built in support for my ATA100 bus.

I did notice that the reported compiler version is 2.96 though.  It looks
like mandrake is doing the same thing redhat did w/ 7.0 and using a
development version of the gcc compiler.  I didn't check to see if
mandrakes 2.96 could build the kernel (since redhat's 2.96 cannot).   Oh
well, I installed 2.95.3 for my own development needs.

Ted

At 11:10 PM 3/31/01 +0800, you wrote:
>Civeleme,
>
>I am not clear how you do the software testing.
>I think it is enough the kernel and the gcc are stable, the other software
>is under the charge of  its release organization , even if there is
>something wrong , the users can download the lastest source code to
>compile by theirselves. and you?
>Now I am waiting for a distribution which use 2.4 kernel, and Reise FS, I
>download the SuSE 7.1 evaluation iso, but it is a demo , not  useful. and
>the RedHat 7.0 is not stable, espacially its gcc.  I had a try to install
>Redhat 7.0, finally I delete it , and installed the Connectiva , it
>include Reisefs packege, but its kernel is 2.2.17, a little old. I have a
>Alcaltel Adsl SpeedTouch usb modem, it is supported only on 2.4 kernel.
>I think you cannot include all features on a release, you can only
>guarrantee the quality.
>How bold I am !
>
>Lee

Ted Drain                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.