Hi All
My first question to this list.

I am running Mandrake 7.2 on a celeron 500 machine
w/256M of ram.  Creative TNT2 ultra vid card and no
sound card.

I got it installed no problem.
It booted up fine right into X windows.

My buddy came over this weekend to help me set it up
so I could connect to the internet and all.
I have a lynksys 4 port router and a cable modem.

It was working fine for a little while.
We tried loading star office but ran into some sort of
problem.(unfortunately i dont recall the specifics)

We rebooted the machine, when it came back up, the
font server wouldnt load. It had a red X next to it in
the check list.
Then instead of booting into X windows, it went right
to a command prompt.
I was still connected to the net.
but X windows would not load for us.

Any suggestions?