I open a root console, and typed "ifconfig"

lo     link encap: local loopback
       inet addr: 127.0.0.1   mask 255.0.0.0
   (then some network statistics)

I type "ifconfig eth0" and get
eth0  link encap: ethernet     HW Addr: (mac address)
      inet addr 192.168.1.110   bcast 192.168.1.255
      mask 255.255.255.0
  broadcast running multicast  mtu: 1500  metric: 1
   (then some network statistics, all values 0 except
    txqueuelen: 100
     base address: 0xd800

"route -n"
shows local loopback routing information only

"ifconfig eth0 up"
SIOCSIFFLAGS:  device or resource busy

"ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts"
shows 15 items -- variations on ifup, ifdown, ifcfg
and network-functions

"ifup eth0"
SIOCADDRT:  network is down
SIOCADDRT:  network is unreachable

I checked harddrake and the card appears to be
detected properly.  Do I need to set the IRQ and base
address somewhere (maybe the 0xd800 is not correct).
It looks like eth0 for some reason is not active.

Thanks,
Tyrak