Lee:
This is what works with my Zoom 2919 ISA modem:
1. Remove the card and set the jumpers to disable plug-and-play, and to
use an appropriate COM port and IRQ.
2. Go into your BIOS and tell it that you do NOT have a plug-and-play OS
installed. While you're there, be sure to disable the com port that
you've assigned to the modem. This will probably screw up your windows
settings. In that case, you'll have to perform the mandatory Microsoft
drill of removing the modem from Device Manager (or whatever they call
it), rebooting and then reinstalling.
4. Now you should be able to configure it with kppp.
Regards,
cmg