Okay, update.I re-downloaded and installed 8.0 on my laptop and desktop.The
laptop was the same,Lynksys pcmcia pcmp2000 still did not work,sound worked
off and on with the cs4281 module, no better.Same goes for desktop, kernel
panic and I checked the rescue disk after I made it during install,seems all
there but when I try and boot with it, no operating system found is the
error.I think 8.0 has some serious problems and they need attention before
any true newbie tryies to install and is left feeling taken, just my 2 cents,
no flames please.I like Mandrake but I may have to look at other distros.