From: Mark Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Mark Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 12:26 PM
Subject: [newbie] CDRW/DVD won't mount

> I have a Toshiba CDRW/DVD combo drive.  ML7.2 installed fine from
> CD, but now I can't read CDs -- even the ML install CDs -- on it.
> The ML install set me up with supermount; I verified that with my
> /etc/fstab.
>
> As a normal user I get a permissions problem with /mnt/cdrom.  As
> root I get an I/O error when trying to read it directly (ls /mnt/cdrom),
> and a "wrong fs type, bad block or [something else, don't recall]" error
> when trying to mount it from the command line (it dismounted without
> error first).
>
> I poked around in /dev and discovered that I have /dev/cdrom and /dev/
> cdrom1.  Is this for the CDR and CDW functions or something?
>
> Anyway, I'm stumped.  What's my next move?
>
> Thanks
> Mark Shaw

Please note that the content of this message is confidential between the original
sender and the intended recipient(s) of the message. If you are not an intended
recipient and/or have received this message in error, kindly disregard the content of
the message and return it to the original sender.

If you have any complaints about this message please reply to:
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Purbeck School E-Mail server running:
       users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk