With every new version of Mandrake I install, less and less of my
hardware is picked up. Whats up with that? Plus now Hardrake hangs
everytime I try to detect hardware.
Before anyone suggests that I have defective hardware, let me just say
that RedHat6.2 and 7.0, Storm linux, Win95, Win98SE, WinME and Win2000 all
install and pick up all the hardware just fine.
I have been told before that Mandrakes criteria for hardware is
stricter than all the above mentioned OS's and that is fine, but how
can you advance the use of Mandrake if you need new and perfect
working hardware?
Don't get me wrong I love Mandrake's Distro, its just so easy to use
but I always pay hell installing and getting everything working.
Just my 2 cents

Confused Mandrake user