It was Thu, 26 Apr 2001 06:51:44 -0700 (PDT) when matty mo wrote:

>i would like to be able to install packeages as a user
>other than root - however, when I try to use an rpm it
>says i must run kpackage as root. how can i change
>this so any user can install packages?

Never heard of an option that lets you do this. Unless you allow everyone to
log in as root.
Giving someone root priviliges does not work either (I tried).
If I run into something that works, I'll remember your question.

Paul

--
Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
             Linux Mandrake 7.2 - Sylpheed 0.4.64