You haven't lost linuxconf at all.  You can access it via the web
admin, if you installed it, or just by typing linuxconf at a prompt.

It's been changed and it's all "pretty now."  But I think they're
trying to replace it with DrakConf.  They changed DrakConf to be
all pretty too, but I think linuxconf is more robust honestly.

But honestly, once you have the basic configs in and running the
system is running you're good to go.  I don't see any advantage
it has over Mandrake 7.2 at this point.  7.1 to 7.2 ran smoother
for me.  8.0 runs just like 7.2 does, smooth and stable.  The
only thing different about the machine I used it to install would
be the OS of course, and I added another 30GB to the machine! :0)

tdh

T. Holmes
Unixtechs.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Real Men use Vi."

* H.J.Bathoorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010426 19:59]: