Well there is a way to user your "Point & Click" methods to configure
hardware.

Open up DrakConf by any means you want.  You can click the icon since
you're a "Point 'n Clicker" or type DrakConf at a command prompt.

Either way, once you have DrakConf up, open up HardDrake.  HardDrake will
off you two panels.  On the left it will show you catagories of hardware.

You can select the sound card option and open it up.  If there's something
in there, that means the system knows it's there.  On the right it will
give you some info about it and there's an option to run the Config tool.
Run that.  It should then try and play a sound.  If  you hear the sound,
obviously your sound card words.  No "Linux terminal commands Mumbo Jumbo."

As a suggestion though.  Stop looking at the console as "Linux terminal
command Mumbo Jumbo."  That's where the real power of Linux can be found.
That's where you really start to dig into the system and become an expect.
To start working with the shell, editing and keeping a 150 line .aliases
file, and other things.

Also a lot of the people that help you with problems on this list, are the
people that love the console work, and some of us don't even bother X windows.
We do everything from the console.  Right down to play MP3s, chatting, and
playing games!  Wouldn't want to offend them by calling it "Mumbo Jumbo."
:0)

Hope ya found that helpful, and be kind to your penguin!
tdh

T. Holmes
Unixtechs.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]