Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone,

Recently I had to reinstall Mandrake 7.2 on my IBM ThinkPad. Before the
reinstall, sound worked perfectly. In this new installation, my soundcard
is detected, and it appears that the snd-card-1938 driver is loading
properly (no errors anyway), but THERE IS NO SOUND!

I haven't yet gone as far as using sndconfig. According to the Mandrake
docs, we should use harddrake first. Harddrake is detecting my card
correctly, however, I can never hear the test sound.

Has anyone else run into this? I am going to try sndconfig sometime today,
but I am hoping someone else has run into this problem, and has a ready
solution.

Dave