First, please turn off "HTML" formatting in your message--in many e-mail programs we end up with all kinds of extra tags.

Now, on to the question at hand.

First do an 'ls -al filename.bin' from the directory the file is in (This of course presupposes that you are at a command prompt). Check to see if it has an "x"--should look something like this:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 132298 Jul 3 2000 webalizer*

If it doesn't, regardless of which user you are, it will not execute the file. To add 'x' (which is execute permission) to a file, do a 'chmod 755 filename.bin'.

Finally, run the file as './filename.bin' --if it still doesn't work the file is probably corrupt, so you'll have to re-download.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Senior Systems & Administration Consultant