Since upgrading a clean installation of Mandrake 7.2 with MandrakeFreq,
I've noticed that I must press two of my keys twice (and sometimes four
times) to "register".

The keys are the '/" key and the `/~ key.  At first I thought my
keyboard was going bad, but now I can see that each requires two
presses.  (Except sometimes, the `/~ requires four presses -- after the
second press it brings up some message on the display, then two more
presses and the message goes away and the ~ is recorded.)

Anybody have the same problem?  Suggestions for fixing?

Thanks,
Randy Kramer

PS: If you saw my note the other day about trying to activate the Home
and End keys, I found a partial "solution".  I since found  the
following key combinations, which apparently are assigned somehow in
bash.  For the time being I probably won't try to reassign the Home and
End key, even though that would be more intuitive.

<ctrl>a -- to beginning of line (like Home)
<ctrl>e -- to end of line (like End)

If anyone does have clues on how to make the assignments to Home, End,
etc., that would be appreciated.  (I guess, with no further clues, I'd
try to learn how bash makes these assignments, or learn how to use
xmodkey.)