Hello,

I have downloaded the 2 Mandrake 8.0 CDs, and burnt them correctly (I hope).
Now, when I boot up with the inst-cd, the graphical installation gives me
very weird colors, I can hardly see anything, the colors are mostly black,
with some green in some places. It's impossible to install Mandrake this
way. I tried playing around with my contrast settings and all, but that
didn't solve anything.

I tried the text installation too, but it gave me a segmentation fault after
selecting the printer, and I would really prefer to use the graphical
installation.

My graphics card is a Voodoo3 2000, but I am unable to find enough info
about my monitor for it to be of any help, it's a Packard Bell one.

If I don't succeed with this, do you have any pointers to a good linux
distribution with the 2.4 kernel, Xfree 4 and KDE 2, that is easy to
install?

Thank you,

Per Einar Ellefsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]