Abe, I am using a GeForce 2 GTS like you are.
However, my Shogo immediately crashes complaing about
SDL when I try to use OpenGL mode.  It works under
Software Mode, but obviously that is undesirable.

Since Shogo is working for you, would you be so kind
as to post what version of SDL and SMPEG you are
using?  A listing of your relevant installed rpms
would be very nice.  Thanks for the help!