Adam,

First, please try not to post in HTML if you can avoid it, as many people (especially those using text based e-mail clients), will see a lot of extra stuff.

Now to the question:

I've never really tried heavy gaming on a Mandrake system, but decided to reply anyways--have you checked to see where UT is looking for sound (ie, what device)?

What is the exact error message you are getting? This information is always a helpful first step to those people that may have seen this kind of problem before--that way you get answers / questions that are geared to your problem.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Senior Systems & Administration Consultant