me know if i have them configured the RIGHT way...       and apache quits
responding at different times...

(packard bell, p233mmx, 128ram)

#1>
i found the command
(  /sbin/service httpd stop  )
(  /sbin/service httpd start  )
is there a way to place a shortcut on my desktop to restart apache?
and what could make apache stop responding?

#2>
plz look over and inform me of any security issues
view site and var ( http://gsp.ath.cx )

excuse my ignorance...  i've never even seen unix/linux till yesterday
first i need some input on directory structure
i'm writing this mail as i set this new account up with each step
(/var/www/html) (/var/www/cgi-bin) > default apache dir's
is it ok to set my own like the following?

i created
dir   /vhost   (usergroup root/root)right?  755
dir   /vhost/gsp  (usergroup apache/apache) 755
dir   /vhost/gsp/html (usergroup gsp, gsp) 755
dir   /vhost/gsp/cgi-bin (usergroup gsp, gsp) 755
is this ok?

then i added user account
gsp    (home dir=  /vhost/gsp)   (groups=  apache, ftp)
is this ok?

i logged in and uploaded test files ftp
it worked so i created other 2 accounts same way

last question
what does telnet do...
what is it used for
tx

NameVirtualHost 24.9.19.5

<VirtualHost 24.9.19.5>
        ServerName gsp.ath.cx
        DocumentRoot /vhost/gsp/html
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /vhost/gsp/cgi-bin/
<Directory /vhost/gsp/html>
        Options Includes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /vhost/gsp/cgi-bin>
        Options ExecCGI
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 24.9.19.5>
        ServerName tcoclan.ath.cx
        DocumentRoot /vhost/tcoclan/html
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /vhost/tcoclan/cgi-bin/
<Directory /vhost/tcoclan/html>
        Options Includes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /vhost/tcoclan/cgi-bin>
        Options ExecCGI
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 24.9.19.5>
        ServerName shs.tcoclan.ath.cx
        DocumentRoot /vhost/shs/html
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /vhost/shs/cgi-bin/
<Directory /vhost/shs/html>
        Options Includes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /vhost/shs/cgi-bin>
        Options ExecCGI
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

plz let me know if i'm overlooking anything
http://gsp.ath.cx
tx again for your time
RDWest