L could sure use some help here.I downloaded and installed 8.0 final and when
it rebooted I received the following message:

VFS:cannot open root device "2106" or 21:06
kernel panic : VFS : unable to mount root fs on 21:06

I tried to boot with rescue floppies that the install made and low and behold
there is nothing on the disks! I think the problem could be either the
Western Digital drive or the add on pci card Pomise ATA 100 card.7.2 did not
have a problem with the card so I am not sure what is up.I also installed 8.0
on my Toshiba laptop and same thing as with 7.2, seems to not like my Linksys
PCMP 200 nic.Could someone please help a newbie in distress.Thanks for your
time.