At 06:12 PM 5/22/2001 -0700, Todd Flinders wrote:
>Hmm... I just thought of something.  What have you
>tried to get the sound working?
>
>Because I recall that the KDE that came default out of
>the box had sound issues.  I don't think this affected
>xmms or CD playing, though.  But you might upgrade KDE
>using MandrakeUpdate if you haven't already done so.
>Then this may fix the sound for KDE.
>
>What applications have you tried for sound?

Well, I've tried xmms, haven't tried the CD player yet, but I can load the
programs and they either say they can't access the sound card or it says
something about making sure some audio server is running before running
this program. I ran the updated earlier today and updated everything. I'm
rather stumped on what to check next.