s,

Thanks for posting this information -- could you clarify a few things
just for my edification:

1. Do you know what motherboard he is using?

2. Is performance really significantly worse than your Intel machines or
are you basing performance just on the CPU usage (with kapm)?

3. It sounds like you are not using Mandrake 8.0, based on my inference
that you have not seen the kapm idle thing on your machines?

4. If you are using Mandrake 8.0, would you post the relevant specs on
one of your machines so we have a basis for comparison (CPU, clock
speed, RAM (amount, type, speed), HD (size, RPM, MB/sec (if available).

Thanks very much for any clarification you can offer.
Randy Kramer