CUPS isn't quite working with my Canon BJC-2000 printer on mandrake 8.0.
Specifically, there are two  problems:

1) I'm unable to make it print more than one page of a document from netscape
or opera -- it hangs up right at the end of the first page, and then delays
about 2 minutes before printing the very end, but never prints further than
that. In StarOffice, it prints multiple pages, but with too-large top margins
after the first page. These may be unrelated items, but they arise in the
process of trying to solve the former issue of netscape/opera not printing more
than one page. Oddly, when I specify either application to print *only* one
page, it works fine -- ejects the page and everything.

2) I can't get true-black output from my black ink cartridge (I don't have a
color cartridge installed). I have tested it with different color settings in
the kups configuration, but nothing quite does it. I get grey text when it
should be black.

Anyone have an idea what's happening? I have heard that cups works well with
the BJC-2000, but that's not really my experience so far. Can I elect to drop
cups and go back to lpr? That was more of a hassle, but it worked for me on
mdk7.1 for over a year! I sure would appreciate some suggestions.

--
-Alan