From: s <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 8:53 AM
Subject: [newbie] File sharing with windows question

> Can two windows98 machine file share thru a linux gateway with tiny
firewall
> without samba?
>
> My family's two windows machines can't share.  The names of  these
computers
> and the gateway show up in network neighborhood, but no files.  If I try
> map them, I get an error about not finding the machines.
>
> Or do I need to try and get samba configured?  (someone got a good newbie
> site/link on this subject?)
>
> -s

Please note that the content of this message is confidential between the original
sender and the intended recipient(s) of the message. If you are not an intended
recipient and/or have received this message in error, kindly disregard the content of
the message and return it to the original sender.

If you have any complaints about this message please reply to:
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Purbeck School E-Mail server running:
       users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk