> First, when I try to print envelopes in StarOffice 5.2,
> nothing happens, not even an error message. Printing letter
> (8.5" x 11") sized documents works fine.

Does printing envelopes work in the Windows version of Star Office? I'd
check that, just to make sure that it's not a SO or Samba problem.

I have also tried to print envelopes in SO a few times without much
success. I have a Canon BJC 250 printer with a manual (envelope) feeder
in the back of the unit. I tried printing an envelope just now and what
results is a clean envelope going through the mechanism and one sheet
being printed separately with my return address in the top part of the
8 1/2 x 11" sheet of paper. I tried setting the properties for the printer
to both Portrait and "Env10" (guessing that means a #10 envelope, not
sure), with the same result both times.

I'm using 7.2 with CUPS, staroffice (5.2) is set to do generic postscript
through lpr. No issues apart from not being able to print envelopes - and
even that might be a mechanical problem rather than a software one.

Incidentally, I played a bit with Wordperfect but that was on a different
installation (Red Hat) and envelopes worked there OK, but not on StarOffice.