Hi,

I am trying to get my Iomega QIC tape drive to work under LM8.0. I
downloaded the ftape sources, but compilation failed due to what looks like
errors in the source code (missing return statements etc.), even thought I
can hardly imagine that the code is really that bad. I'd prefer to avoid
debugging this stuff, however.

But, I found the ftape modules in gzip format under
/lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk/kernel/drivers/char/ftape. Is it possible to unzip
these, put them in the modules directory and simply load them? Or is this
not a recommended course of action for some reason?

TIA!

Patrick Hubers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Solve IT