On Thursday 14 June 2001 10:52, Gunner Carstens wrote:
> > Hmmm,
> >
> > It would be unusual if the RAM weren't nearly full
> > regardless. The linux kernel believes unused memory is
> > wasted memory. Memory full is a NORMAL condition.
> >
> > Let's see what your hardware is.  If you have an MVP3
> > chipset from VIA I might have a speed-up.
>
> Thanks for all your answers.
>  When I run kpm I can see, that no swap is used - is that
> uncommon (with approx half used, 1 fourth bufferd, one fifth
> cached and rest free)
>
> // I see that "free" is not the "opposite" of used, there is
> more to it.
>
> From running ntsysv i see that BOTH mySql and PostgreSql needs
> to be run at startup.

If it responds VIA unknown, that is the chipset--

Actually raise a terminal and write this

lspcidrake

Then highlight the answer with your mouse, click on your mail
window and center-click or click right and left at the same time
and you paste the answer into the mail like this:

[tester@civileme tester]$ lspcidrake
agpgart         : VIA Technologies|VT82C691 [Apollo PRO]
unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C598 [Apollo MVP3 AGP]
unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C686 [Apollo Super]
unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C586 IDE [Apollo]
usb-uhci        : VIA Technologies|VT82C586B USB
unknown         : (null)
unknown         : VIA Technologies|VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI]
3c59x           : 3Com Corporation|3c905B 100BaseTX [Cyclone]
Card:S3 Trio3D  : S3 Inc.|Trio 64 3D
unknown         : Virtual|Hub []
unknown         : Unknown|USB UHCI Root Hub []
[tester@civileme tester]$

Civileme