Yes... this is another Micro$HAFT advocate.  But we really can't knock
them since we are all... well most of us, are Linux advocates.

But the truth is that "Uncle Bill" and Microsoft were not the first.
As a matter a fact Gates and Jobs both stole most of there original
code and "made it better."  Now a days we would have called them a
glorified script kitty!  They took something existing, adding a few
lines, and suddenly it's theirs and it "works."

Sun doesn't 'officially' make a desktop platform.  They have Solaris
and SunOS.  Basically the same thing.  They've been billing SunOS as a
desktop since it's been used mainly as a client to Solaris.  A desktop
only because of lack of another name.

I know the numbers given below are just guest-imate, but doesn't Mac
have a following much like that of Linux?  Those, dare I say, fanatic
users that live and die by anything Apple?  My only problem with Apple
has been working with the companies that used Apple's products.  I
didn't have much problem with Apple itself.

But what is the "right way" for a company that has bullied all of ther
competitors out of business?  And saved their original competitor from
going out of business mainly only as a slap in the face to that
companies founder, who was a "friend."  I find it only fitting and I'm
actually rooting for Apple after they started their resurgance and
rebirthing after Microsoft helped them with so much funding.

I've seen a lot of comments that have been really "fan based."  Message
boards would probably call a lot of the users that come back with
comments like these "trolls."  They're not based on facts, just that
weird thing that happens to make people root for sports teams that
never win.

But the truth of the matter is Microsoft sees Linux as a threat.  A big
enough threat they do under handed things, like they've always done, in
hopes to control it.  Like start working on lawsuits to be brought
against Linux companies for ruining, essentially, they're way of life.
tdh

T. Holmes
UNIXTECHS.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]