Hi,

I have xinetd running pop3 on one server (Server A) , and have another server running
fetchmail (Server B) and would poll Server A 's mail message in 60 seconds interval.
At first, both ran no problem, until after several hours Server A would deny Server
B's connection.  After some investigation I found that the xinetd on Server A would
add an entry to hosts.deny file to bar Server B's access on all ports.  I went ahead
to delete the host.deny entry from Server A, and everything would work fine for
several hours and again the problem comes back again.  I also tried adding entries on
xinetd.conf on Server A to just allow pop3 access from Server B, but after doing that
and restart xinetd Server A would deny access from Server B flat out, with or without
any host.deny entry.   Now for every hour I have to check log on Server A to see if
xinetd is barring access from Server B, and if so, modify host.deny and restart xinetd
for everything to work again. Any clue?

I am running Mandrake 8 on both servers, and the newest updated xinetd from Mandrake
Update site.

Regards,

Jason Chan