mrc wrote:

> It seems that WP8 will not run on Mandrake8. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm not sure where you are having the problem,  but I have wp8 running
on L8.0 succcesfully on my desktop as well as my laptop. In LM7.2, I
could click on the install icon and it would start up the installation,
but for some reason in LM8.0 I had to install from a terminal with;
"./install.wp " after mounting the  cdrom. You can also just open your
cdrom directory and open the terminal from there. That way you don't
have to cd to your
/mnt/cd/andapartridgeinaperartree/etcetc/andallthatjazz/ because you're
already there.

ShalomOut
     Chal

Registered Linux user #217118
Never teach a pig to sing. It doesn't sound very good and it annoys the pig.