Hi folks,

I've got a problem with a recent new installation of Linux-Mandrake v 7.1.
The installation was completed without any errors. The PC is connected to an
office LAN. I've set up the network options, although I've copied the domain
& gateway settings from an WinNT box.

The problem is the telnet & ftp services are not reachable from another PC
on the LAN. I can ping the Linux box OK, but when I try to telnet or ftp, I
get the message "Connection to host lost"

I've checked the processes that are running, both ftp & telnet are NOT
running, however when I reboot the box the network processes say they load
ok.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to get the telnet & ftp
processes to start automatically?

Thanks,
Gareth