I have 8.0.  I have been attempting to surf the internet without
success -- after logging onto the network using KDE kppp.

I use http://www.nocharge.com, a free internet provider for
parts of WA, OR, and NY...the "connect" link says that nocharge
should work in the Macintosh, Linux, Unix platforms.

Here's what happens: I log onto the network (I check connection
icon, and see the connection speed, duration, bytes sent/recd,
etc. in the kkk log).

When I try to enter a URL in Konquerer or Netscape, I get
nowhere. When I do a ping in terminal, the error message is:
"unable to connect to remote host.". Same with pinging as the
root.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

The odd thing is, right now I'm using a windows 98 machine, and
I'm connected using the same tel. #, IP address, etc. Just
doesn't work for Linux, although nocharge claims to support it.

Rita