Hi!!

Epox 8KTA3 motherboard, 128 megs RAM, ATI Xpert 2000 Pro video card with
AGP (2x selected), Microsoft Optical Wheel PS/2 mouse (in a previous
install of MD 8.0 the mouse worked like a charm)

I reinstalled MD 8.0 into newly formatted partitions.  When I boot into KDE
or Gnome I have no mouse.  In Gnome, the Tip screen comes up and I can not
close it even with the keyboard.  Focus is on the file manager and I can
not change focus from it to the Tip screen or any other part of the
desktop.  In fact the mouse cursor (arrow shaped) is stationary in the
middle of the screen.

I have invoked mouseconf and selected the Generic PS/2 wheel mouse with no
success.

Could this be a video problem rather than a mouse problem?

Any ideas?  Thnaks

Preston (a total Linux neophyte)

---
Betti Ann & Preston Smith