It was Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:01:29 -0700 (PDT) when Terry C wrote:

>I hope someone can tell me what is going on with my
>sound. When I start KDE I used to get a little sound
>file playing, now I get nothing. When I look at /dev
>see the following highlighted in red and flashing:
>
>snd -> ../proc/asound/dev
>
>What is the highlighting and flashing trying to tell
>me?

It means that this link is pointing to nowhere. The destination
(/proc/asound/dev) seems to be no longer there. Did you do anything to the
system?
Paul

--
Conference: a gathering of important people who singly can do nothing,
but together can decide that nothing can be done.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
       Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.4.99
    ** http://www.care2.com - when you care **