Carroll Grigsby wrote:

> Curtis/Civileme:
> Some companies require the usage of the Out of Office AutoReply feature,
> and it appears that Compaq is one of them. IMHO, it's a Very Good Thing
> in a corporate environment, although it can be a nuisance if the person
> is on a maillist. Since I'm retired now and no longer have access to
> Outlook Explorer (ain't that a damn shame), I don't know if there are
> settings that will prevent replying to some messages based on e-mail
> addresses, but stopping these messages at the source is probably the
> best remedy.
> Regards,
> Carroll
>
> Best thing about retirement: Every day is Saturday.
>
> civileme wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday 01 July 2001 02:56, Curtis Matthiesen wrote:
> > > I also get this message from this fellow everytime I post to the
> > > mailing list, does anyone know how I can stop getting these as
> > > they're annoying as heck.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >

> > > Curtis
> > >

> > > From: "Wehling, Rich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > Well, you might have a filter capability with hotmail.  I have never
> > used them, so I don't know.  If you have a pop3 type account and you
> > use anything from pine to Kmail to pick up mail you have either
> > filter rules or the name to drop into a kill folder.
> >
> > But the best way to deal with the situation is to write to the person
> > who set up the autoreply, as soon as he is back in his office and
> > inform him _courteously_ of the problem he probably wasn't aware he
> > was causing.
> >
> > Civileme

LookOut, I mean Outlook, does not have a feature to my knowledge to not
reply with "OOO" to a specific sender. The best way I have found to
rememdy this situation is to set up a free pop account for mailing
lists. At some companies, though not mine, you can configure Lookout,
doh, Outlook to recieve internet mail via the POP account into a
seperate mail file with in...you guessed it! Outlook.