On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 01:05:25 +0100
"Minhaz at Telco4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This email was delivered to you by The Free Internet,
> a Business Online Group company. http://www.thefreeinternet.net
> emailed me to changed my Modem volume setting from M1L4 to M1L3. I have
not
> changed my Modem Command settings (except for the Initialization String
and
> Guard Time setting). All other settings in the Modem Command settings
> (including M1L4) were automatically created. Did you have to change your
> modem setting from M1L4 to M1L3 or was it automatically created for you ?
> I will also changed the Hangup String option by removing the 3"+" signs.

I changed the hangup strings so that the file could be sent to you. You
will need to put them back the way they should be. They should look the
following but with '+' signs instead of the '&' signs as shown here:

EscapeString=&&&         < this is 3 '+' signs>
HangupString=&&&ATH < this is 3 '+' signs followed by ATH>

I use Mandrake-Linux 8 and it correctly uses 'M1L3' to set the maximum
speaker volume, so you should set yours to 'M1L3' as the other email
suggested.

Be careful about copying lines from my kppprc into yours - things like DNS
numbers and so on will be completelt different.

My /etc/ppp/options is exactly as sent previously, but here it is again.

============
lock
noauth
defaultroute
ipcp-accept-remote
ipcp-accept-local
idle 300

Cheers

John
--
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"
       (The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972.)