On Tuesday 17 July 2001 03:07 am, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 July 2001 05:04, s wrote:
> > >
> > > If you're using a 2.4 kernel, add the following to
> > > /etc/modules.conf... # Joystick
> > > alias char-major-13               joydev ns558 <yourJoystickModule, e.g. analog>
> > >
> > > That should be it.  Good luck.
> >
> > Thanks, that helped some.
> You don't have to add anything to the XF86Config-4 file.
> Raider Pro isn't listed in joystick.txt, so which module are you loading?
> What sort of SoundBlaster card do you have?  Your problem might be
> something to do with the PNP setup.  I have an AWE64 ISA PnP and my
> /etc/isapnp.conf looks like this.  Look in particular at the Game section.

It's a sound blaster live pci.  I used joydev ns558 analog as that was the
closest in the .txt file to what I have.  I have even tried insmod gameport
before firing up a game.
The joystick controller is on port 0xd400 and I think the usual is 0x0200.
So I even tried joystick=0x0200 and 0x200.

Some discussion has been going on in the loki games ngs and the consensus is
that kernels 2.4.3 & .4 can't handle the confliction between the joystick and
video cards.  I don't think that's the case here, but another guy with my
same exact set up is having the same exact problem.  Another with similiar
set up is having similar errors.  Anyway....
I tried upgrading the kernel, but it errored out too.  (Not my week....)

So, ultimately I ordered a usb joystick from logitech that is supposed to
work and recommended in the faq of descent3.  I'll know Friday...

Thanks for your help, but I give up on the Raider Pro for now.  :-)

-s