On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:42, John Rigby wrote:
> Hi folks,
> No wonder so many people do give up on Linux! :-)
> I have downloaded for the second time ( in case of error) the IBM
> WEbsphere package and attempted to install it.
>
> All of the responses are fine all the way EXCEPT that the program is
> nowhere to be seen. Yet if I try to install again I'm told it is
> there.  If I uninstall I can then re-install and go around the same
> rosebush!

What do you mean by "the program is nowhere to be seen"? The RPM is
installed, right? Try this from a command line:

  rpm -q packagename

Replace "packagename" with the name of the IBM package (without the
".x86.rpm" on the end). If it is installed, it should say so.

Which particular IBM WebSphere app are you installing? "WebSphere" refers to
a family of apps. If you are installing the HomePage Builder, you need IBM's
own Wine package (as described on their web site). Also, you can't use this
app if you have XFree 4.x (you need 3.x or lower). Unfortunately, IBM chose
not to display this clearly on their site, so I had to find out the hard
way. To find out your version of X, type "X -version" at a command line.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson