i'm rapidly trying to get adsl (bipond in australia)setup before my flatmate leaves
taking his windose box with him that i currently use to connect and while i had my
ethernet card (realtek 8019as chipset) working in 7.2 now i have 8 and i can't seem to
get it to detect. its set up to irq 12 and io 260h using their dos jumperless program
and i entered it inot devices under linuxconf, but it doesn't show up using ifconfig..
the maximum linux magazine how-to that i am following says to add the alias lines to
con.modules but i can't find that file and i can't remember if i had to do that under
7.2. i think i did but now how can i add it to a file that i can't find. is it renamed
in mdk8.0 ? also i remember under 7.2 i kept trying to connect to bigpond having set
it up using the terminal adsl-setup but i always timed out and i didn't know where to
go to see why. what logfile do i check out and does anyone know what setting it may
have been that needed to be changed?

TIA
mike cola

"...Who's the big winner tonight...?  Mikey!  Mikey wins!  Mikey's the big
winner...!"- Trent "Double Down" (Vince Vaughn)
www.pherell.com TECHNO melbourne style. heard it yet? mike thinks you should

Your Lowrider Community...     http://www.lowrider.com
Your Personalized Page Start Page...     http://my.lowrider.com