Steve wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Glenn Johnson wrote:
>
> > Hi all. Has anyone here had a subscription to Maximum Linux magazine? If
> > so, have you heard or seen anything about what's happening with our
> > subscriptions now that the maggy is defunct?
> >

> They've closed the magazine - a few months ago. Used to have a website,
> did you try it?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Steve - ICQ 35454764
> Toronto

When they closed down, they said they were going to finish out the Max
(the same company publishes Maximum PC and a bunch of other).  At the
time, I chose a refund via e-mail (and, since I had subscribed at a
discount rate, when I got my check it was for the amount of an
undiscounted subscription--about $4.00 more).  I'd rather had the
magazine, though--I really liked their cover disks--mdk7.1 was one they
had, which I gave to a friend who is now completely converted to 'nix.
Writing was actually pretty good, also.  Hard to believe, but their
staff was something like 4 people.

eryl