Good Morning Bunnies ;)

Okay I got Mandrake installed and all seems well, played around a bit
and I got some more questions. BTW If any of this stuff is in a manual
that comes with Mandrake, I'm very happy to just accept page numbers.
Firstly and most worrying is my modem doesn't work under Linux. Under
HardDrake it tells me it is a CONEXANT Modem Emulator, and then says
it can't use Winmodems (and gives a link to a page that doesn't
exist). Here the weird thing, my modem is a CNET modem
(http://www.cnet.com.tw/product/cn5614rc.html), and there was no
mention anywhere that it is a Winmodem so I doubt that is it, maybe I
just got scammed?
My next one is also hardware. I have a Genius Netscroll Optical mouse.
But for some reason I can't select it, when I tried it during install
it stuffed the mouse up. So I choose std mouse. Any way to fix this? I
miss my mouse wheel :(
My last hard ware question is it possible for my machine to switch it
self off when I shut down? I used to do this in windows (not that I
shut my machine down that often, because it usually crashed before
then), it just made life that much sweeter.

Next questions will probably seem really basic, so here goes using
GNOME, how do I change/delete/add desktop icons?
Is there a way I can setup Linux to automatically start the CD Player
software, and start playing the CD when an Audio CD is inserted?
My computers "name" is localhost.localdomain? How/Where do I change
this?

Also Many Thanx for you time with my last email, it helped a lot :)
Robert MacLean