Hi all,
I experienced a little inconvenience yesterday, when I noticed my scanner was
no longer recognized since adding a usb joystick last week.   Well, it turns
out that this particular joystick will function hooked up the gameport when
my other wouldn't (but what if it didn't?).  So I talked the scanner into
coming back (wasn't easy).  But the problem isn't fixed, just worked around.

What I'm wondering is it possible to have two usb devices function at the
same time?  Surely.  If so, just curious, what do you suppose was the problem
with the joystick and the scanner?   Makes one think some kind of conflict,
but rooting around in the /proc/bus/usb directory is a humbling experience.
:-)

Thanks in advance as always,
-s