etharp wrote:

> On Sunday 29 July 2001 11:43, Romanator wrote:
> > Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> <snip> damn and I was 12 befor I built my first (dc powered) underwater
> habitat, I wish we had things like solar arrays and lazers back in those days

> > > Yeah, my parents took my scissors away from me just as I was about to
> > > complete my 100% efficient solar array that would've solved the all the
> > > world's energy needs.
> > >
> > > 16 years later, I _still_ haven't gotten them back :-(
> > >
> > > I think I'll go throw a tantrum until I get what I want :-)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Sridhar Dhanapalan.
> > >         "There are two major products that come from Berkeley:
> > >         LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
> > >                 -- Jeremy S. Anderson

> > > Yeah, my parents took my scissors away from me just as I was about to
> > > complete my 100% efficient solar array that would've solved the all the
> > > world's energy needs.
> > >
> > > 16 years later, I _still_ haven't gotten them back :-(
> > >
> > > I think I'll go throw a tantrum until I get what I want :-)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Sridhar Dhanapalan.
> > >         "There are two major products that come from Berkeley:
> > >         LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
> > >                 -- Jeremy S. Anderson
> >
> > The same thing happened to me. However, when I decided to build my first
> > gas laser, they gave soldering iron on my birthday. However, I was
> > already in grade 4. This is a true story. :-)
> >
> > Roman

Either way, I think we all did good. Software, underwater habitat and
lasers. Not bad to kids.In fact, this list has a lot of talented people.
>From what I have been reading on the newbie list, some of the high
school kids are doing phenomenal things with computers, graphics, web
page design and Linux. Remember last week's posting from Riverdale High.
I was very impressed.

BTW. I will be taking a break from the newbie list to finish my web
page. If you need to contact me, place email me directly.

Cheers :-)

Roman