I would say you'd be much better off if you found the 2.1 SRPMS and did a
rpm --rebuild, then installed the resulting rpms.  I would not suggest
compiling from source unless there is a way to point it to /usr/local (such
that it wouldn't overwrite any existing information you have).

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Registered Linux User #81978